4/30/12

Elle Indonesia Runway to Street Styling Competition

Bonjour!

Hello, my readers! This time I will share about my full of fun experience on last Saturday.
Yes, on Saturday I joined Elle Indonesia Runway to Street Styling Competition.
This event is greatly inspired by the creativity of fashion bloggers in creating stylish street style looks from the runway.

There are 4 bloggers (Bethany Putri, Anggin Lembayung, Rajasa Pramesywara and Adelle Veronica)
 and 4 celebrities (Kenes Andari, Dion Wiyoko, Jessie Setiono and Adella Fauzi) in the competition.
The Elle team separate us into 4 teams consisting of two people, 1 blogger and 1 celebrity.
They gave us 15 minutes to borrow clothes from couple of their partner stores (Karen Millen and Coast) in Plaza Senayan to create a high-street version of one runway look from them.

At first, I thought I have to mix and match the clothes for my teammate. 
So, when they told me that Dion Wiyoko is my partner, I almost had a panic attack.
Hhmm, for me it is not that easy to mix and match men clothes.
But, after they told me that we will do the styling to a mannequin,
I am so happy!!

Dion Wiyoko is an actor and presenter, here in Indonesia.
At first, when I got the email from Elle magazine, I have no idea who's Dion Wiyoko.
So, I google it, and I recognize his face!!! -__-' Haha!
I watched one of his movies, Serigala Terakhir, which is one of my favorite Indonesia movies.

I am a junior blogger and this was my first styling competition ever, 
Dion is a guy and don't really understand about runway fashion for woman.
So, we're agreed that we're the underdog team here.

This is going to be a really long story about the competition from the beginning --- end.
So, be ready and don't get bored.

Let the story begin...



The host is Iwet Ramadhan,
he's a broadcaster, an mc and an entepreneur.
The performer is Bayu Risa,
I can say that he has a really nice voice.


Before we start the competition, the host asked us to go up on stage to have a small interview and gave us a picture of a runway style. We have to re-create the look into something more creative and stylish look. Well, the rule is 'the most creative and also stylish look will win the competition'.
So, I have to nailed it!!!

This is our serious and clueless face.

We allowed to borrow 6 items from each store.
We're trying to make sure that we chose the right clothes, shoes and bags to recreate the look.
You know what?? We borrow 6 clothes in less than 5 minutes from Karen Millen.

Nice job, underdog team!! What were you thinking??
*panic*


From Karen Millen we move upstairs to Coast.
I totally have no idea about the clothes in this store.
Never heard about it before.
Sorry.
But, they sell really nice clothes and clutches.

Serious moments at Coast..

About my personal outfit...
I am wearing unbranded gold tee and black blazer,
H&M necklace and pink suede shorts,
and flat shoes from Zara.

aaaaaand we're done here!!
 Back on stage, we have 5 minutes to recreate the runway look into something more stylish and creative. Okeeeeyy, I was so panic and confuse.
The dress was too small for the mannequin.
-___-'


We were the last team on stage because at the beginning we have problem with the dress.
I decided to changed the dress with floral pencil skirt and sheer shirt plus champagne color cropped blazer and yellow shoes and clutch bag.
I really like the yellow shoes, I want it.
It was my size!!


Even tough my teammate is a guy, surprisingly we worked and rocked the competition as a solid team!
Haha! The good thing about Dion as my teammate is that I can nailed the look based my idea and he kinda support me for that. Hihi!


The prizes are cool...
The 1st winner - Sony Tablet
The 2nd winner - Microwave
The 3rd winner - Braun Buffel bag
The 4th winner - iPod Shuffle

My target is the Sony Tablet. Well, I am sure the other bloggers also targeting the tablet.
The competition is not about the prices for me, it is about showing people that I am as a junior blogger,
I have a good quality and sense of style. Ahaha!! *annoying statement*

The point is, I had a really great day that night.




xoxo adelle

3 comments:

  1. nice post! love the yellow shoes :D

    www.brigittamonique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats adelle.. you have good quality and sense of style..

    ReplyDelete